Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day two - the first morning

Out the back door promptly this morning to check on the worms.  The seals all looked good and there were no worms stuck to the gaffa tape, so I peeled it all back carefully and check for signs of escape.

No sign of escape except for two worms under the lip of the front of the top of the tray - they seem to have made it through the gap but been kept in place by the gaffa tape, so hopefully none lost last night.

Still quite a few in the sump, so these were transferred back into the tray.

Worms all seem nice and active and healthy, so it's back to 'leave it alone and don't poke it' for the day.

Have bought more gaffa tape for the sealing process tonight.  I'm out this evening so must remember to do it before I leave!

1 comment:

  1. WOW I'm loving this ... my wormery hasn't arrived yet , so reading up on your efforts with wriggly things !!

    ReplyDelete